Clean up several unwanted things that the Yoast SEO plugin adds to your WordPress Dashboard.
New in v3.2.0: hide Upsell Notice in social tab of Yoast Post/Page metabox
Almost anyone that uses Yoast SEO by team Yoast will agree that it is a great SEO plugin, but the developers are adding more and more unwanted things to the WordPress Dashboard.
The purpose of the SO Hide SEO Bloat plugin is to clean up all those unwanted things.
Since v2.0.0 (released on February 4, 2016) we have a Settings page!
The purpose of the settings page is that you can fine-tune what is hidden or removed to your liking. By default most of the bloat that the Yoast SEO plugin generates is hidden or removed, just like before when there were no settings yet.
It is a good idea to have a look at the Settings page if only to see what you can fine-tune. The link to the page has been added to the Yoast SEO menu and of course there is also a link to it from the Plugins page.
The Default Settings of the current release are as follows:
- hide the cartoon-style sidebar ads on almost all settings pages of the Yoast SEO plugin
- hide the tagline nag showing as a Problem in the Yoast SEO Dashboard
- hide the robots nag showing as a Problem in the Yoast SEO Dashboard and in the advanced tab of Yoast SEO UI in edit Post/Page screen when your site is blocking access to robots
- hide the Upsell Notice in the Notification box that shows in the Yoast SEO Dashboard
- hide the Upsell Notice in social tab of Yoast Post/Page metabox
- hide the Premium Upsell Admin Block that shows in the entire Yoast SEO backend
- hide Problems box from Yoast SEO Dashboard
- hide Notifications box from Yoast SEO Dashboard
- hide image warning nag that shows in edit Post/Page screen when featured image is smaller than 200×200 pixels
- hide add keyword button that shows in edit Post/Page and only serves to show an ad for the premium version
- hide content analysis that adds colored balls to the edit Post/Page screens as well as Readability tab that contains the analysis
- hide issue counter from adminbar and sidebar
- hides red star of “Go Premium” submenu as well as of metabox in edit Post/Page screens
- hide Keyword (SEO) Score
- hide Content (Readability) Score
- hide ad for premium version in help center
- hide the SEO Score, Readability, Title and Meta Description admin columns on the Posts/Pages screens; Focus keyword column can be hidden too
- hide the SEO Score and Readability admin columns on taxonomies
- remove the Yoast SEO admin bar menu
- remove the Yoast SEO widget from the WordPress Dashboard